Monday, June 17, 2013

Documentation. You are ONE years old.

I don't really know how it happened, but somehow you became a little boy right in front of our eyes.

I was letting you watch Sesame Street this morning (I know, babies aren't supposed to watch t.v., but 5:30 wake up calls are getting rough). There was this little boy learning how to ride his bike without training wheels for the first time. When his dad let go and he rode all on his own, my eyes filled up with tears as I was thinking about the day that we get to do this with you and how incredibly special it will be.

Everyone always says it, "time goes so fast", and now I know, they are more right than ever. Look at these pictures of you... seriously... how did this happen?

You have the best laugh. You love to be tickled and when we laugh with you, you laugh even harder. One morning (at 5:30 again) I was letting you play with my kindle. You like to open and close the magnetic screen, turning it off and on. This morning in particular, you figured out how to slide the lock button over. I started to laugh saying "uh-oh, that's not good". Then you started to laugh, causing a chain reaction of laughter. Now, every time you open my kindle case and see the lock screen, you laugh, crinkle your nose and look at me, thinking there is something incredibly hilarious about it. You're right. Now there is.


The happenings of this one year old:
  • You love little to medium sized dogs. You like to say "hi, hi, hi, hi, hi".
  • You love when "Uncle" David tickles you under your arm, making a "zzzzzuupppp" sound.
  • You now say "hi" when someone walks into a room.
  • You laugh when your dad and I laugh. You also laugh when I get upset and make grunting type noises. It actually works out pretty great because it makes me laugh and forget what I was upset about. 
  • You are cruising all over the place, which means you're walking while balancing on things, like the couch or the wall. Your dad and I have a bet going on when you will start walking. My prediction is July 17th, your dad's is July 23rd. If you can shoot for the 17th, that'd be great! You're also pushing a little cart toy that we have around the house. You're so proud of yourself. We are too!
  • You love to go outside and go for walks. You observe everything around you and like to say hi to any animals we see.
  • You are clapping and mimicking some sign language. I get pretty excited when you do it.
  • You continue to make all sorts of sounds and are a chatty little thing.
  • You still love cheese and I think strawberries are your new favorite fruit. You chowed down on my homemade pasta salad we had last night.

Basically, you are the most perfect fit for your dad and I. You add so much laughter and joy to our family. I hope that we always make you feel like you are loved for exactly who you are because exactly who you are is so great!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY big boy! We are so excited for this next year with you.


1 comment: