So I don't know what will come of this blog, nor do I know that I have anything all that important to say. But I've recently been reading blogs of others and have been struck by the amazing opportunity that they offer to bring our thoughts together. Its pretty great.
I hope for this blog to merge two of my passions, Faith and Social Work:
Faith, being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see
Social Work, the pursuit of social justice
I know that these next few years will bring many new experiences in my life and I would love to share their impact. And maybe we can talk about life, living, happiness, and how sometimes its just hard to breathe. We'll see...
Can't wait to hear how the Spirit is leading you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bill.
ReplyDeleteI like what you say about true worship. It makes sense that a true worshiper has compassion for those around them and takes action to love them. I noticed that the word "compassion" comes up very frequent in the 4 Gospels of the New Testament. And every time it is describing the heart of Jesus. I stopped counting the times I read this "and having compassion on them Jesus stopped". He was telling the world about what he would do for them, the biggest accomplishment in the world and on that same path he always found time to stop and offer compassion
ReplyDelete