Friday, October 8, 2010

Today

Right now my husband is sleeping in Iowa in his car on his way back from a two week long photo road trip. What has been unbelievable and slightly ironic about being separated from him for two weeks is that I've been inspired by who he is and his giftedness. Along his road trip, he has taken the opportunity to document people's lives with his photography.

Here's his latest post about his grandmother:
Trudy


When I called the doctor for some reason or another, after [Wally] had passed on about six months, he said,

“Trudy, I asked your husband to come in for tests, I wanted to do a biopsy on him, and he told me he didn’t have time.”


Living for today seems to have more meaning after experiencing some of that moment Kevin had with his grandmother. It is my prayer for you and for me that Today will be divinely motivated.

No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope and fear;
But, grateful, take in the good I find,
The best of now and here.
~ John G. Whittier

No comments:

Post a Comment