
I bought a travel, ceramic Starbucks mug three days ago. Its pretty weird but mugs have this ability to significantly brighten my mornings. For the last two days, I’ve been making my coffee and putting it in my new mug, feeling happy that I get to enjoy my coffee in a ceramic cup on my way to work before the day starts to turn to chaos. And let me tell you, something making me happy before 8:00 a.m. is colossal as, it is, without question, the most difficult part of my day, and likely the most difficult part of the day for anyone around me :)
As I was coming home around lunch time yesterday, my mug slipped right out of my hand onto the cemented driveway. Two days, TWO days, that’s all it took for my mug of happiness to slip from my grasp and shatter. I was upset. Actually, almost felt like crying that I spent my limited spending money on this mug and it lasted two days. Kevin cleaned up the mug for me. I went back to work.
When I came home in the evening, I looked to the counter and there it was. A brand new mug, three days newer than my old one, waiting for me with a Starbucks gift card saying that I was my husband’s favorite.
Yup, tears welled up in my little baby eyes. I love being someone's favorite. Particularly, I love being his favorite.
love.YOU!!!! with this job, sometimes its those little things that actually make us break! yesterday i was really frustrated w/work stuff (shocking) and then i pulled 2 chairs apart and it smashed my finger and i got really close to throwing the chair! i guess its better to freak out on a chair (or ceramic mug of happiness) than on our clients. i'm glad kvq could help fix your day.. and you'll always be my favorite school/internship/academy/work friend! irreplaceable!
ReplyDeleteThat is super sweet. And I totally get the mug thing.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys. That's it :)
ReplyDeleteTessa - thanks for your story, I'm sorry to admit, but I laughed, because I totally get it!
ReplyDeleteErika - thanks for sharing in my unhealthy obsession
A and K - love you guys too!
Oh my, you two are waaaaay too cute. Can Kevin teach men how to treat women? That is seriously the sweetest thing I've read in a long time, and to think I actually know the people involved. I'm glad I know such cool people :)
ReplyDeleteSarah, I agree, if the world's men need someone to show them how to put their partner above themselves, Kevin's their guy. Thanks for your post, you're so encouraging :) I hope all is well little lady!!
ReplyDelete