
I can't sleep tonight, which is pretty abnormal given my intense passion to be sleeping. It all started with analyzing the cracks on the ceiling in our bedroom and wondering when the roof might cave in on us..... to..... thinking about my most favorite moments:
So, here they are:
a good cup of coffee with just the right amount of flavored cream
impromptu dancing in the living room with my husband
when you get into the groove of running and it becomes easier, particularly, the moment it becomes easier
brunch with two of the loveliest people: Georgia and Lolly
laughing
when despite the fact that she has a baby and a husband and works a full day, my sister will still answer the phone when I call in the evenings, go in her room, close the door and spend time talking (usually listening) with me about nothing and everything for an hour
praying, in the quiet, on my way to work, while driving toward the mountains
happy hour with GSSW girls
when my nephew makes that noise he makes when I'm chasing him, the 8 month old baby crawl away quickly noise because someone crazy is chasing me
when my husband humors me at 3:00am while I'm poking him asking if he'd like to go play or take a walk. he said "no" but was, nonetheless, his charming self while I was intentionally annoying him
intentionally annoying someone
when I know I'm forgiven
that my mom asked me, two weeks ago while driving home from Madision, Wisconsin if I wanted to play the Alphabet Game. this in itself was my favorite, that at the age of 28 my parents still want to play the Alphabet Game with me. but then, what makes it favorite moment, PART II, is that she got really tired, said, "time out". then she woke up, saw a Quilt Shop (really a Quilt Shop!?!), got her Q and won the game
the moment that something really hard for me, like a difficult life circumstance, presents meaning in my life
dinner and couch dates with our best friends: Erin and Mike
when I truly believe in second chances. not just thinking I believe in them, but when, in the moment, I am meeting with someone who has quite honestly messed things up really bad. then they have a moment of genuine redemption. when I get to be a part of that and be reminded that life is made up of second chances, new moments in time to make new
board games
that we have a community group of people who genuinely want to love one another and God
the times I get to see my sweet friend, Tessa in the hallway at work
that my husband gets really excited when I get home, meets me at the door, takes my lunch and purse, puts them down and hugs me
singing with my dad
eating popcorn in bed
I treasure that even in the worst of times we can have favorite moments and I am SO thankful for that. SO thankful this Thanksgiving for my husband, my friends, my family, being able to see life change, and the perspective Jesus offers me.
What a wonderful list. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Now go to sleep :) Having American Thanksgiving across the ocean...just started cooking.
ReplyDeleteYayyyy!!! Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your delicious cooking!
ReplyDeleteWe're thankful for you and Kevin! Love the post :)
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for time with you LVQ!! You make me laugh, but this morning you almost made me cry! You are so thoughtful! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete-Lolly
Aw, what a delightful post Lindsay! You nearly had me crying at some points. I enjoy your insight. This post made me reflect upon some negative life experiences in a new light -and for THAT I am thankful :) I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
ReplyDeleteSarah
Tears :) Makes me love Kevin more. -Carrie Holt
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments ladies. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!! Love to you!!
ReplyDeleteThat's not funny. Mom cheated on the Alphabet game
ReplyDeleteDad
Dad - You are right, but really, its not all that often she gets to win, lets give her this one ;)
ReplyDelete