This weekend is special for me. Not just because I get to hangout with family & friends, dye Easter eggs, and wear a pretty dress, but because it has meaning, significance, and an authenticity that reminds me about why I choose to value what I do.
To some, faith, true all-encompassing faith, sounds quite ridiculous or maybe even intellectually deficient. To me, believing that God has meaning and significance in my life, that he has provided purpose and motivation, and that he would offer grace, love, and forgiveness, is simply the most important thing I will ever know or feel.
Tomorrow, we will celebrate the life of a man who above all else, saw people for who they could be, for who they were made to be, and for who they would someday be. We celebrate the life of a man, who being in very nature God, offered hope for a better future. One where there will be no more pain, anxiety, depression, guilt, wrong-doing, inequity, or weeping.
There is a song that an amazing song writer (Randy Pearce) wrote that seems to sum up this man. Some of the lyrics are below:
Listen here
Come and see, what he has done for us.
Giving hope and peace where there was none.
Taking off, the chains of yesterday.
The past behind, embrace a brand new day.
Thanks be to Him who knows all, is in all, and understands all.
If you are interested in attending an Easter Service this weekend stop by at Flatirons Church in Lafayette.
beautifully written, Linds. I feel the same way and was just thinking last night as I was driving home how Easter is my favorite, because even though I should feel that way all year round, I sometimes don't and I LOVE that His amazing gift is so well represented on that day. Happy Easter, my dear!
ReplyDeleteThanks Erin. Happy Easter to you my sweet friend.
ReplyDelete